Welcome to the Medway Public Library Teen Services!
Our mission in Teen Services is to build a worthwhile collection of books and other materials specifically for teens; to provide excellent programming to the young adult community; and to be a center of learning.
The Teen Room, located near the non-fiction, is a space for young adults, ages 12-18, to hang out at the library. While we encourage all patrons to use the materials in the Teen Room, the space itself is reserved for young adults. Please do not sit in that space for an extended amount of time if you are younger than 12 or older than 18, otherwise you will be asked to move.
We have a few rules in the Teen Room to ensure everyone feels comfortable and the space is taken care of. By entering the Teen Room you agree to follow these simple rules:
1. Keep your noise to a minimum. As long as you are not disturbing others, some talking and laughing is okay. Shouting is definitely not.
2. Use appropriate language.
3. Respect library property and the property of others.
4. Respect others. Keep your hands to yourself.
5. No phone conversations. Texting is fine, but take it into the lobby if you need to talk.
The Teen Room is not regularly monitored, although librarians will attempt to keep an eye and ear out for trouble and for those who need help. In the end, librarians are not responsible for behavior in the Teen Room. If you need help with anything look for the Teen Librarian, Mariah Manley, at the Main Circulation Desk or in her office or ask another librarian to help you find her.